Breaking news: Michael Lambrix was killed by the State of Florida on October 5, 2017.
Read more:
http://deathrowjournals.blogspot.com/



Michael Lambrix #482053
Florida State Prison
PO Box 800
Raiford FL 32083


For more information on Mike's case visit:





Contact Gov. Scott and ask him to suspend Mike's and ALL executions.
Phone: (850) 488-7146
Email: Rick.scott@eog.myforida.com - See more at: http://doinglifeondeathrow.blogspot.gr/#sthash.Cw0Zh7Sh.dpuf

recanted and the other gave inconsistent statements to police. Read more http://www.save-innocents.com/save-michael-lambrix.html

Wednesday, 2 December 2015

Clemency denied and execution date set for Mike Lambrix!!







Michael Lambrix #482053
Florida State Prison
7819 NW 228th street
Raiford Florida 32026-1000


Gov. Scott has already broken the record for most executions by a Florida governor!


Contact Gov. Scott and ask him to suspend Mike's and ALL executions.
Phone: (850) 488-7146
Email: Rick.scott@eog.myforida.com
- See more at: http://doinglifeondeathrow.blogspot.gr/#sthash.Cw0Zh7Sh.dpuf

Contact Gov. Scott and ask him to suspend Mike's and ALL executions.
Phone: (850) 488-7146
Email: Rick.scott@eog.myforida.com - See more at: http://doinglifeondeathrow.blogspot.gr/#sthash.Cw0Zh7Sh.dpuf

Tuesday 3 November 2009

Message from Average Joe, a Death Row inmate on Florida´s Death Row since 1977

Hey Guys,

Average Joe is back with you! I've been absent for a while due to not having someone to post my site. A lot has happened since I last wrote..

Last time I wrote I warned not to be fooled by the Secretary of Prisons they appointed McDonough. He was stricktly PR there to give the impression of prison reform, untill all the dirt was swept under the carpet from the previous secretaries of prisons and their illegal dealings. That and the death of Frank Valdez. I said: once the press was no longer interested, things would go back to same ole, same ole. Just like the The Who's song - "Meet the new boss - same as the old boss". And that's what we have now. Which is reflected in the rash of officers being fired or under investigation for prisoner abuse. And it's just the tip of the whole attitude. With that said, I'll switch to Death Row...

An execution occured here in August, John Marek. Which is unusual is how quietly it was done. I watch the news for such things, and I could have missed it but I did not see the coverage of it. I did not know they had re-signed his death warrant until the day before he was scheduled. Many did not. And I did not hear it had been carried out until the day after.
Usually all the local news stations are all over an execution, hard to miss. Maybe it is just not as newsworthy these days??

As for myself, I've had a change of mind on the system as a whole. I always believed if you fight the good fight long enough the truth would prevail. If the truth would come out - you would win. I don't believe that anymore. It's really just a matter of luck or chance when someone wins. Sometimes based purely on politics or a question of "will this hurt my career if I rule for his case?". Maybe it is due to the George Bush appointees in Federal Courts and the US Supreme Court. A trickle down of Republican type of law. Whichever, I now believe, you do whatever you have to do to win. Because that's how they play it to keep you from winning! I came to this mind set after my last trip to Florida Supreme Court.
Everyone involved in my case believed I had won a new trial at the least - or freedom period, after 32 years. We even had the prosecutor say: other than a statement I had given the police after when first arrested there was no other evidence. This came when Justice Perlente asked him what other evidence was there that I did this crime. He said: That's easy - Nothing!" But instead of winning, when they ruled it was the worst decision I have ever received. Even after we proved and the state prosecutor stated there was no further evidence they ruled that there was substantial evidence. Where they found any? - no one knows. It was just a bizar ruling!

Suffice to say all involved were shocked. I was at first, but now I see it as that's reality. That is the system. You know, I've never had any help legally except state appointed counsel. Not that I have not asked or tried to get help. Just never received any. And I understand some of it. There are only so many pro bono cases that can be accepted. And I will not say that those who worked on my case did not care. Many have and believed in me. I do however wonder if I would still be here if I had the financial means to hire a really good attorney. Someoen who isn't working on general cases all at the same time, overworked and underpaid. But that is just a "what if" and "what if's" change nothing.

I thought it over and asked myself "what do I need to win my case and freedom?" You know, the answer was simple. I need one person who has the means to come and go as I need, the mindset to take care of and do what needs to be done, who only cares about the results not the method, who is sharp enough to handle whatever needs to be done. That person need not to be an attorney, just someone who is ready to help me win my freedom. I know what needs to be doen. Together we would walk me out of here a free man. Now that is important. Because every time a man is found not guilty - and walks off death row it is a step closer to ending the death penalty. Imagine after 33 years - if i were to walk free!! Now as I read all this, that is what I need.

I'm 53 years old now. I'm still in good physical condition and mentally as well, which is unusual probably. But it's part of what I've become here. I refuse to give up. I refuse to allow this place to break me. Not in body or spirit. But I still believe with all the support that you guys give, the death penalty will end. The only question is - when. And that efforts are yet needed to end it.

But we know - nothing comes quickly nor easily. Lives will be lost along the way. Hearts will be broken. Tears will fall. But because you guys are there, there will be less of each. And isn't that what the struggle is all about? Anyways, I can not even ask for help - by law. But no law says someone can not volunteer! For me all I can do is state what I need. OK enough for now, I shall talk to you again soon. Till then, take care of eachother and yourselves.

Sincerely,

James Hitchcock # 058293
P- 5127
Union Correctional Institution
7819 NW 228th street
Raiford, Florida 3202-2600
USA

For more writings of James Hitchcock see http://againstdeathrows.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The courts wouldn't even listen to the evidence in court cause the other bother OD an wrecked killed his self said it was hear say instead of death bed confession

Unknown said...

That's true an lost all the evident when the one that work for state plainly said she got hair mixed up

Unknown said...

An lost all evidence

Innocent and Executed - Please Read